Roswell DUI Lawyers
Very few people would dispute the profound stress and anxiety that comes after being arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. A DUI conviction can wreak damage on your life. After researching Georgia DUI laws, people facing a Roswell DUI start researching Roswell Georgia DUI attorneys to represent them. This article focuses on getting legal advice from a DUI specialist at the Roswell Municipal Court, with impeccable attorney ratings.
A DUI in Georgia is PERMANENT on your criminal history, when convicted. Serious motor vehicle offenses justify the cost of hiring an experienced Roswell GA DUI attorney. While you want to hire lawyers near me, the lawyer for DUI that you retain must have a flawless, winning track record.
You will find that the Georgia lawyers who have multiple legal industry RECOGNITIONS and have been voted to be “the best” by their peers in the criminal defense attorney business will be your best bet for representation. Check client ratings that highly recommend the attorney’s legal services. Does the client review “ring true” for being a heartfelt recommendation?Narrowing Down the Best Candidates for DUI Lawyers Near Me
Only consider the DUI attorneys near me in Roswell who know how to debunk field sobriety test evidence. Plus, (if you have a breath test or blood test) the defense lawyer must know how to suppress that harmful DUI evidence, or how to neutralize it at trial.
Ignore pretty websites and “filler” that does not get to the crux of the lawyer’s CREDENTIALS and EXPERIENCE. Plus, when you see “bought-and-paid-for” fake DUI attorney awards, look at your other candidates. Start with the four top legal industry lawyer ratings services ( Martindale, Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers and Board Certification by the National College for DUI Defense). All attorneys at our Firm are legal book authors.What Types of Law Enforcement Training Courses do Drunk Driving Lawyers Need to be the Best Roswell GA DUI Attorneys?
Next, carefully review the high-level police training the DUI-DWI lawyers have acquired. Each of our law firm’s criminal law attorneys are INSTRUCTORS in the NHTSA standardized field sobriety tests. Plus, our Georgia lawyers have all attended the 20-hour DRE Overview course and taken Intoxilyzer breath alcohol device training.
Plus, since DUI-Drugs case involve blood and urine testing from the GBI Crime Lab, all three partners all have passed the multi-day Crime Laboratory Procedures course to enable us to challenge flawed forensic tests. Mr. Head teaches this course to other DWI-DUI-OWI attorneys from across America.
Finally, read the potential attorneys’ DUI case histories about FIGHTING and WINNING complex, seemingly impossible drunk driving cases. Very few Georgia DUI lawyers have tried more than a handful of DUI cases. Mr. Head has tried as many as 11 cases in one month (January 2002)!
Our Georgia Lawyers Focus on Avoiding Jail Time, Keeping You Driving and Beating the DUI Charge
Many clients tell our DUI specialists at our law firm how going to jail after their arrest for intoxicated driving made them feel “dirty” or “worthless-feeling”, and depressed. The three most common concerns expressed to our legal team by 90% of our clients are (a) to avoid more jail time, (b) protect their driving privileges and (c) ( most importantly) to keep a DUI off their criminal record. The information our DUI defense lawyers provide clarifies what will be required of clients, and lets accused citizens start getting on the path to undoing this major legal mess.
After a person-to-person interview and FREE consultation about their pending case, almost every client tells us what RELIEF they FEEL. It helps them to know that our DUI lawyers in Roswell have handled cases tougher than theirs and ended up with no DUI for prior clients. In other words, our criminal justice attorneys explain, based on our prior experience as TRIAL lawyers, HOW to beat a DUI.
Our Criminal Lawyers Have THREE Fulton County Law Offices
What other driving under the influence-DUI and criminal defense law firms have 3 Fulton County office locations? Few, if any.
Because Fulton County, GA is Georgia’s largest population county (the Atlanta capital city and its suburbs within a 35-mile radius of the Capitol Dome) and where our law partners handle 90% of our criminal cases, Fulton County, Georgia offices are where our lawyers in Atlanta obtained law office space. Plus, since Cobb County State Court and Marietta Municipal Court are our second busiest Georgia County, our firm has a Marietta GA office close to both the Municipal Court of Marietta and the State Court of Cobb County building.
From the Municipal Court of Roswell location at 38 Hill Street, Roswell, GA 30075, our Alpharetta-Milton-Roswell office at 1001 Cambridge Square is 4.4 miles away. Mr. Head’s home is even closer and is only 4.2 miles from Roswell Court. Plus, the Sandy Springs main office is just south of Municipal Court at 5590 Roswell Road. The third office, which is in downtown Atlanta at 235 Peachtree Street, is located within walking distance to the Fulton County State Court and Atlanta Municipal Court.DUI Law in Georgia: Five Vital Points to Consider
These 5 important points about Roswell DUI charges need to be known and understood by you, so you don’t jeopardize your ability to drive and that you (hopefully) will be able to WIN your DUI case. Only by hiring the best DUI lawyer near me can you increase your odds of getting a DUI reduced to reckless driving – or dismissed.
- “DUI” stands for “driving under the influence.” The drunken driving law in Georgia is BROADLY worded to permit prosecution for a person driving while being impaired by ANYTHING. This misdemeanor crime is called the “less safe” DUI in our state. This is the type of DUI you are charged with if you have REFUSED the GA implied consent test offered after your arrest for D.U.I. When the cuffs go on your wrists, a “less safe DUI” charge is already being accused, regardless of whether you ultimately take the police breath test or blood test after being arrested.
- Another type of DUI GA offense is DUI “per se,” which does not require the State to prove any signs of “impairment” at all, from field tests or mannerisms. The necessary evidence comes from breath alcohol tests or blood tests for alcohol and drugs, taken under authority of the Georgia implied consent law, which mandates collection of those tests within 3 hours of driving ending.
- The legal BAC limit varies in Georgia, based on the age and vehicle type involved in the DUI arrest. A commercial motor vehicle driver is held to a 0.04 grams percent legal limit. Underage drivers not yet 21 years old when arrested for DUI are held to a 0.02 grams percent alcohol limit. All others age 21 and older violate GA DUI law by having 0.08 grams or more in their system, from an implied consent test taken within three hours after driving ceased.
- Municipal courts in Georgia are non-jury courts, meaning that you can obtain a trial, but it will be before the Judge only. If your DUI defense attorney recommends a “bind over” of your Roswell case to the State Court of Fulton County, then a new prosecutor and Judge will be assigned. Then, negotiations for a DUI reduction start again. In State Courts a jury trial is available, where six citizens must unanimously agree to your guilt, or else you will not be convicted.
Municipal Courts are a type of “filtration” system for the Georgia criminal justice system. If no “deal” is made to settle the impaired driving case at Roswell’s Court, the Roswell Municipal Court gets NO money when the drunk driving case is sent to the State Court.
- Some Georgia attorneys tell clients to NOT bother going to the Roswell court at all, and simply move your case to Fulton County. This lawyer lacks enough legal acumen and experience in defending Roswell DUIs to know what he or she is doing. The best DUI attorneys NEVER pass up an opportunity to obtain a favorable outcome at EACH legal proceeding. Possible exceptions: a client who is destined for Fulton DUI court, or a person who needs a delay, for some highly unusual strategic reason.
Read the PROFILES of criminal defense lawyer Larry Kohn, ex-Roswell police officer Cory Yager, and DUI guru for 42 years, Bubba Head. Hiring the best Roswell GA DUI lawyer can prove indispensable in terms of protecting your legal rights, your future, your criminal history and your good name. FREE lawyer consultation: (404) 567-5515. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.