Atlanta Criminal Attorney: The Criminal Defense Team for You
Finding the experienced criminal defense attorney Atlanta who knows that a criminal charge can be very disruptive and daunting to a citizen facing a criminal accusation. It is easy to feel alone while facing the prospect of going to court.
This page will guide your path in hiring a criminal defense attorney GA to aggressively defend clients charged in Cobb County, DeKalb County, Gwinnett County and Clayton County, and the 15 other metropolitan counties.
The job of the criminal defenders at our metro Atlanta law offices is to fight the State's effort to penalize you and create a permanent criminal record. The clients of our criminal lawyers in Atlanta do not have to go through this ordeal alone. When represented by a top criminal defense attorney Georgia litigator, you are assured of everything be done possible in you defense.
You need to have a powerful advocate in your corner for a criminal defense Atlanta case. That criminal defense attorney Atlanta GA must know the law and have had the background training to develop skills needed to find creative and career-saving alternatives when that is possible to accomplish.
A knowledgeable attorney can help see you through the complicated judicial process and see to it that your rights are protected. While your situation may seem burdensome, you do still have rights, such as the right to due process, the right to representation, and the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, among others.
Often, it takes the diligent work of a criminal attorney Atlanta to enforce these rights, and a criminal defense attorney Fulton County to do exactly that. Additionally, beyond just legal advice, our legal team explains criminal defense lawyer cost below. En Español.The Importance of the Experience Level of Criminal Lawyers Georgia
Both inside and outside of the courtroom, a skilled Atlanta criminal defense attorney from our law group will be ready, willing, and able to fight for our client. An Atlanta criminal defense lawyer must be up to date on all viable criminal defenses and trial strategies.
Your GA criminal defense lawyers have achieved some of the best possible outcomes for clients without ever setting foot inside a courtroom. They do this through careful analysis and thorough preparation. With great respect, knowledge and understanding for state, federal, and local law, they have helped many clients facing charges that include:
- Domestic Battery GA
- Assault and Battery, including Simple Battery in GA
- Simple possession of marijuana, or other Drug possession, Manufacturing or Drug Trafficking
- Vehicular Homicide GA or 1st Degree Serious Injury by Vehicle
- Sex Crimes like Prostitution, Child Molestation or Rape Charges
- Shoplifting or Theft Charges
These are just a few of the types of criminal cases that our experienced criminal attorney Atlanta Georgia see on a weekly basis. To be prepared for the fight, all three partners have honed and fortified their trial skills. This was obtained by attending advanced training at national and state seminars has enhanced their ability to navigate the most complex legal issues in the State of Georgia.The Breakdown of Cost Items of a Top Atlanta Defense Attorney
Explaining Criminal lawyer Cost. In defending most criminal cases, very little "lawyer" time is spent in a courtroom. Legal research, interviewing and preparing witnesses, talking to scientific experts, drafting, and filing written motions, and other "office" work uses the bulk of our time.
Except when a case goes to trial, less than 10 percent of the time put into defending a client by most criminal lawyers. In documenting the activities of a veteran criminal defense attorney Atlanta Georgia, less than 20% of his or her time (from start to finish) is consumed going to and from the courthouse or being in courtrooms.
These categories of duties and tasks consume most of the time of an Atlanta criminal lawyer who is trying to obtain the best possible criminal case outcome by putting forth an aggressive defense of our client’s behalf:
- In many cases, Fourth Amendment search and seizure issues must be reviewed thoroughly. The analysis starts with how police began the criminal investigation. Plus, under the Fifth Amendment. we review the voluntariness of an alleged confessions or voluntary statements obtained after arrest. This analysis includes looking at police tactics and interrogation methods to see if in accordance with your Mirandarights.
- Interviewing witnesses about the possible indictment or criminal accusation. Our inquiry usually involves analyzing the police reports, or vehicle accident reports and CRT or MDS recorded data. Some departments use bodycams or will have car video footage. Beyond what the police reveal to us, our investigators look for private premises video evidence or tape recordings from all might gas stations and restaurants, when applicable to the case.
- Based on the warrants issued, or criminal charges that were lodged, a deep analysis of the alleged facts will be critical. Often, we research backgrounds for the State's witnesses. Once the viable legal arguments are known and put into written motions for suppression, the entire course of the case can change. Excluding police evidence can lead to new possibilities to negotiate a lesser charge or even obtain a dismissal of key criminal charges.
- If the case moves past the law enforcement investigation and reaches the criminal accusation stage, an arrest warrant may be issued, or an indictment obtained. Then, our legal team undertakes new legal maneuvers and steps in fighting the government’s case.
Investigating, filing motions, preparing witnesses, supervising forensic testing of the state's evidence, such as blood testing for alcohol or drugs, DNA, bank records. Often in complex criminal matters, the criminal defense attorney’s file in reviewing the states’ evidence can be multiple banker’s boxes of data.Contact One of Our Three Award-Winning Criminal Law Attorneys
Every criminal case is different. No matter what the circumstances of your case, you deserve to tell your side of the story. It is a Marietta criminal lawyer’s job to listen, patiently assess the details, and use them to build the strongest possible case for you.
Our attorneys each have more than one of these above ratings, and our legal team members have all five. Our law group is happy to review our client reviews and attorney recommendations with you during our FREE consultation.
Call today at 404-567-5515. Of the 4 metro offices we maintain, our main office street address is conveniently located just off I-285, at 5590 Roswell Road, Suite 210, Sandy Springs, Georgia 30342. Once retained, our three award-winning criminal attorneys in Atlanta are ready to enter an attorney-client relationship with you.
We will discuss fees and payment plans and provide a free lawyer consultation. Below is a list of related legal topics and a list of many of our usual criminal law cases:
- Assault & Battery
- Criminal Trespass
- Federal Crimes
- Gun Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- National Crime Information Center (NCIC)
- Nolle Prosequi
- Nolle Prosequi in Georgia
- Nolle Prosequi & Dismissal
- Nolle Prosequi Georgia: How to Get the DA to Not Prosecute
- What Does Nolle Mean?
- Sex Crimes
- Student Crimes
- Theft Crimes
- Vehicular Homicide
- Grand Jury Indictments
- Aggravated Assault OCGA 16-5-21
- Civil Asset Forfeiture by Police Officers: Property Seizures
- Search and Seizure: Civil Asset Forfeiture by Police