Best Lawyers Near Me: Atlanta GA Criminal Law Legal Advice
The Atlanta Georgia based Law Firm made up of Experienced, Aggressive Criminal Defense Attorneys and Legal Book Co-Authors
When you are facing criminal prosecution, the least important criterion for hiring legal counsel is to simply contact lawyers' offices near me for finding your legal warrior. No one would hire a surgeon simply based upon proximity of the surgeon's office to their home location.
Like board-certified surgeons, attorneys are NOT all equally successful in their track records for successfully resolving criminal law matters. Certainly, you will want to read their attorney ratings (to check for authenticity), but you also want to see that multiple, repeated legal industry lawyer rating recognitions are part of their law career history, like for our law partner, Larry Kohn.
This article explores how much does a criminal defense lawyer cost, and how are those fees charged. Certain types of criminal law prosecutions will require the use of outside expert witnesses that will be essential witnesses for the defense. In such cases, the need for the accused client to "fund" these expert witness costs must be anticipated in a variety of criminal prosecutions, misdemeanor, or felony.Checklist of Steps to Find a Lawyer for your Criminal Defense
Step 1 is finding a lawyer like ex-cop turned criminal defense lawyer, Cory Yager, who is a recognized criminal defense attorney in the community. Next, you should check to see if she or he possesses an excellent academic profile, while in college and law school.
An extra level of expertise and law industry recognition (which is very rare) may be found in that law professional being a nationally published law book author or co-author, in the field of law within which your case falls.
Somewhat related is the accolade of being a statewide or national legal seminar lecturer for other criminal defense lawyers. Third, can you find online proof of him or her having a winning track record in defending clients in tough criminal law cases. Next, in talking with the legal advocate, does the criminal litigator display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with you in your “question and answer” sessions?
This analysis is the winning combination for your attorney at law choice, not how nearby the legal office is to your home of office. In all cases, you want to ask questions about the local attorney "connection," as opposed to seeking the State's best-known legal expert in the type of criminal case you are facing.
7 Frequently Asked Questions with Short Responses from our Criminal Attorneys near me
- How does the criminal legal process work? The starting point is that a person associated with the prosecution of criminal cases issues a "charging document" of some type, accusing the crime.
- How are attorney fees structured for criminal cases in Georgia? This is a better question to ask rather than inquire, "how much does a lawyer cost?"
- What if I cannot afford to retain these experts and pay the legal fee, too? You can hire the Rolls-Royce of criminal attorneys, but without fuel in the engine, the luxury automobile cannot go very far. The experts are the "fuel" of your defense, in many cases, and looking deep for resources to bring in these witnesses is essential, not optional.
- What is the domestic violence lawyer cost? Often, this crime is a blend of family law civil issues (often surrounding a divorce) coupled with a felony or misdemeanor crime of assault, battery, or some type of abuse, that is being prosecuted in the criminal law arena.
- How much does it cost to a simple possession of marijuana case? For a first offender with less than an ounce of weed, a few thousand dollars. The low fee is merited since not many weed cases for simple possession will require a trial, or even a pre-trial motion hearing. In addition, various diversion-type alternatives may lead to the criminal charges being dropped entirely, in some courts.
- What is the DUI lawyer cost for a first offense DUI in Georgia? Most attorneys offer their lowest DUI defense legal fees for a 1st offense DUI. This is true so long as the DUI case does not involve a car accident that injured or killed others. In such complex cases, these facts usually create a DUI-related felony case (read more about these cases below).
- If charged with a felony sex crimes criminal charge, what amount of legal fees will be required? On a sexting case, about one-fifth as much as a statutory rape case or a sex trafficking indictment. These cases are costly to defend, but a person's freedom is at stake, and this is measured in decades, not years.
The charge can be in the form of a traffic ticket issued by a police officer. For more serious crimes, however, a criminal complaint (called an accusation) is filed by a prosecutor.
In some categories of the most serious cases, a grand jury is convened to listen to the prosecutor's witnesses talk about an incident and with issue a "true bill" or a "no bill." A true bill means that half (or more) of the grand jurors found sufficient reason to believe that a crime was committed.
In some types of criminal law cases, like embezzlement or credit card fraud, your legal team may need for you to hire forensic accountants to track where the alleged pilfered funds went, especially when it was not diverted to your account or benefit. In a felony child pornography case based upon alleged images of children being downloaded, a computer forensics expert, or medical expert, may be able to prove that the images are not real child victims, but are photoshopped, fake images.
However, as opposed to the foregoing description of possessing a few grams of marijuana, a DUI in Georgia often requires filing and arguing motions for elimination of parts of the State's evidence.
After that, a possible trial and (or) and appeal may be required. In about 1% of our criminal cases, both could be necessitated. Our lawyers for DUI near me set up the fee agreement to charge flat fees for each segment of the case, to be fair to the accused client.
In felony DUI-related vehicular homicide GA cases (first degree) or first-degree serious injury by vehicle GA cases involving one of more serious personal injury victims, these felony fees will be much higher. Also, however, the per-victim, maximum 15-year prison sentence "high stakes" potential imprisonment will justify the extra, legal fees.
Those citizens accused of committing crimes need legal help to review their arrest paperwork and search through the accusation or indictment for ways to win the criminal law case. In some case, flawed accusatory wording can lead to your defense team asserting a special demurrer, attacking the validity of the wording and legal terms used in the indictment or accusation.
To speak with a member of our legal team, call today for your free lawyer consultation. The number for your free lawyer consultation is 404-567-5515.
Led by famed criminal law book author William Head, a veteran of criminal law practice with over 45 years of experience in the Peach State, our attorneys take the time to LISTEN and EXPLAIN. Providing you with a free consultation about your criminal case and upcoming court date will be given our top priority. The reason for providing this service is to RELIEVE STRESS.
New clients often tell us that by hiring our legal advocates and shifting the "weight" of this legal problem over to our shoulders, that they were then able to again start focusing on job and family issues again.
Our legal team's primary service area is the 19-county area around Atlanta Georgia, but our legal professionals travel to all areas of the State of Georgia to defend clients. When you contact our law office, all conversations, and exchanges of information (i.e., via email) are confidential under the attorney-client privilege.
Copyright 2021 - All rights reserved by William C. Head, Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia.
- DUI Lawyers near me in Alpharetta
- Johns Creek DUI Lawyers in metro Atlanta area
- Sex offense lawyers for defense of prostitution charges in Atlanta
- Athens-Clarke County criminal law attorneys for Fake ID Charges by UGA Students
- Criminal defense attorneys for Cobb County DUI arrests
- Best lawyers to defend an aggravated assault Georgia case
- Lawyers for DUI defense in Sandy Springs GA